” It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows.” – Epictetus
Here is a list of fun things to do with your family in Split, Croatia. Make it a game to see how much you can see or do during your stay.
- Wibit – This is a floating island of fun. Consider it an aquatic playground with inflatable slides, obstacles, rope climbs, and more. Most main beaches feature a Wibit, and every one is different from the other.
- Submarine Ride– This submarine is perfect to experience sea life in the crystal clear waters of Croatia. It’s a short ride, but kids love it. If you happen to find yourself sea sick, you can stay atop the sub. It only partially submerges.
3. Live Museum – It’s story telling with Actor’s about the history of Split. I thought it was going to be lame and that my kids would lose interest. They loved it. You can catch the show just outside of Diocletian’s Palace.
4. Beach- OMG it’s a no brainer. The beaches in Croatia are world famous for the pristine waters. I pretty much live their all summer long. Check out my post Chasing Fish Like A Mermaid to see videos and pictures I took of Croatia’s Adriatic Sea.
5. Walk Diocletian’s Palace. – It’s the heart of the city. Hard to miss, and a definite must see. To learn more about Diocletian read my post The Journey Begins.
6. River Rafting– Just outside of Split is the City of Omiš. They offer River rafting on the Cetina River. To learn more about River Rafting, read my post Omiš ; Ahoy, me hearties.
7. Zip Lining– Another great adventure and exciting way to see Croatia in the City of Omiš. To learn more about Zip Lining read my post Omiš ; Ahoy, me hearties or check out videos I have posted on my Instagram page.
8. Paddleboarding – You can rent these at most of the main beaches in Split. My kids and I love to paddleboard. It’s a great way to venture off and take in some sun and sea.
9. Picigin– This is a game played on sandy shallow water beaches. (Bačvice is my preferred beach to play.) The object of the game is to keep a small rubber ball from touching the water. This game is addicting !
10. Get on a Boat – You can do day cruise’s or island hopping. It’s a perfect way to spend a day visiting different islands, and tourist sites.
The better option is to spend a week on a private chartered yacht. It’s more affordable than you might think. Check out Water Polo Cruise to learn more.